- Register by telephone or in person
- Classes are limited in size, so register early. Registration is confirmed when fees are paid in full.
- No cash refunds unless the class is canceled by Gina Brown's.
- Store credits or transfers must be made one week prior to the starting date. Once the class has begun there can be no credits or transfers.
- Fees cover instruction only unless otherwise stated
- Sorry, we cannot do make up classes if you miss a class
- Classes are designed for adults 16 years or older
- No babies, children or non registered companions
- Most classes other than those for beginners require basic skills.
- Please arrive on time to allow the teacher to teach to the entire group
PICK YOUR PROJECT
Wednesday June 7-28 4 classes 7pm-9pm Fee $99
Wednesday Aug 9-30 4 classes 7pm-9pm fee $99
These one on one sessions are available on select weekdays from 5pm-6.30pm. Fee is $45.
You can learn something new or bring us your problem projects. Yarn can be from any source.
Register by phone or in person. 403-255-2200
Click here for the pattern for our new Lonely Cable Cowl
Click here for the pattern for The Super Bulky Button Hat
Click here for "Alfalfa" our free 2 needle superbulky hat pattern
Here's a quick little knit for your loved ones!
Size: 1.5" tall x 2" wide
Round 1: Knit.
12mm dpns (set of 4 or 5)
1 Hank Malabrigo Rasta
five small stitch holders, or large safety pins
three 1-1.5 " buttons
k2tog= knit 2 together
m1= make 1 by lifting the bar between two stitches onto the left hand needle, then knit this bar through the back.
i-cord= using 2 dpns: with 4 sts on needle, knit side facing and yarn attached at left side of work, insert right needle into 1st stitch on left hand needle (note: this is the opposite side to where the yarn is attached). **Knit 4 stitches, pulling yarn very tight for first stitch. DO NOT TURN WORK AROUND. Slide stitches so that the knit side is facing and the yarn is attached to stitch on the far left side of the left hand needle. Repeat this process from** , tugging on the cord as it grows every few inches. Youtube is also a great visual aid if you need help making the i-cords(click here for video by Judy).
With 12 mm cast on 15 sts.
Knit 4 rows
***k3, m1. place remaining stitches on holder.
using these four stitches , work in i-cord for 22"
place i-cord stitches on holder (safety pins work well), break yarn.
Place next 3 stitches from original holder onto needle.Re-attach yarn to these 3 stitches and repeat the process from ***, making each cord 3.5" longer than the previous one.
Once you have five cords, place all the stitches from these 5 cords onto one needle, insuring cords aren't twisted.
K3, k2together, k2, k2together, k2, k2together, k2, k2together, k3.
All cords should now be joined by the k2togethers of last row.
Knit in garter stitch until yarn is almost used up. (2-10 rows)
Sew 3 buttons to the smaller of the garter stitch band. Push buttons through fabric of other band to close.
Weave in all ends. (Stuffing them down the icord centres is a good way to hide them :).)